Dark and Shattered Lands (DSL) Homepage

Thorn Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the thorn aura spell effect)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

The Citadel
(Owners of this  keep receive bonus saves)
Current Owners: Bloodlust
Bloodlust
Taken From: Slayers

Misery Keep
(Owners of this keep controls the veil of misery spell)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Wargar

Current Spell Target: Chaos

Purgatory Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the Purgatory XP Bonus)
Current Owners: New_Thalos
New_Thalos
Last Owners: Verminasia

Thursday, September 30th Friday, October 1st Friday, October 1st
defeated 3-0  defeated 3-0  defeated 3-0
Forum Home Forum Home > Mud Client Help > Mud Client Information > Mac Client Scripts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It's time to move on!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's time to move on!
    Posted: 01 July 2010 at 8:00pm
Ok guys.  Any of you who are still using Rapscallion and think its the only functional mud client for Mac OS need to pay attention.  The time has come to move on to Atlantis.

When I got back into mudding in 07, I tried using Atlantis and didn't like it.  The main reason is because it used to lag up majorly whenever large amounts of text would come through, which made it impossible to pk.  But the developer has been working hard and has made some major improvements.  After I upgraded to Snow Leopard, Rapscallion became very unstable so I gave Atlantis another try.

Although the documentation is lacking, I've managed to put together scripts for a tick timer, a clan highlight trigger, weapon-swapping aliases and all of that with the help of their forums. Of course I'm more than happy to give anyone the files so no one else has to reinvet the wheel.

Atlantis works as most programs do in Mac OS.  Sounds, spellcheck, web links, everything works as Rapscallion used to work.  It's time to get on board the Atlantis train!
sphinx View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sphinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 4:05pm
Can I have a copy of the tick timer?  I'm not a fan of clan highlight triggers, but since I've never used a tick timer before I figure I might as well give it a try.
Bowic OOC: 'Jaerlach, cap this twig'

jessable View Drop Down
Private Basic
Private Basic
Gibberish Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 7:43pm
If a script's language is supported by a client, the client can use the script.
Robe cutter View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robe cutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by jessable jessable wrote:

If a script's language is supported by a client, the client can use the script.

Thanks Captain Obvious!
Ericka View Drop Down
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2010 at 9:57am
Originally posted by sphinx sphinx wrote:

Can I have a copy of the tick timer?  I'm not a fan of clan highlight triggers, but since I've never used a tick timer before I figure I might as well give it a try.

Sure thing.  Would you be interested in a spell warning script as well (tells you what spells are going to drop next tick)?  It will involve setting up more events, but its nice.  Let me know and I can tell you what you need to add to this.

The clan highlight script is easy, as I could just send you a text file and you drop it in your scripts folder and it'd work.  This one involves more walking through since I used the program's GUI interface.

What I did is created 4 events in the world defaults preferences section (not the world settings, go to the Atlantis Menu, then Preferences).  Name the events:

am half hour 15 sec
am on hour 15 sec
pm half hour 15 sec
pm on hour 15 sec

for "am half hour 15 sec" conditions:

matches regexp: 30am\)  

#this will have to match your prompt.  My prompt ends like: [Defensive | Chamber of Rest |  | 6:00am)

matches variable: worldtemp.time is on

for am on hour 15 sec conditions:

matches regexp: 00am\)

matches variable: worldtemp.time is off

for pm half hour 15 sec:

matches regexp: 30pm\)

matches variable: worldtemp.time is on

for pm on hour 15 sec:

matches regexp 00pm\)

matches variable: worldtemp.time is off

All these events have the same scripting action.  Create a "Script: execute script function" action in all of them and paste this in:

my $spawn = $Atlantis::StateData{'event.spawn'};
Atlantis::RegisterTimer(26,1,"Atlantis::DisplayStatusOnSpawn('$spawn','TICK IN 15 SECONDS!!!')",'');
Atlantis::RegisterTimer(36,1,"Atlantis::DisplayStatusOnSpawn('$spawn','TICK IN 5 SECONDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!')",'');

Add another action to each event: Script: set variable.  You need to set the variable worldtemp.time to be the opposite of whatever the condition was.  So for example, with for am on hour 15 sec conditions, since worldtemp.time is ON, you want to have an action which turns it OFF.

Finally, add one more action to each: Spawn: Display Status Text.  Have it say "TICK!!!!!" Or something to that effect.

Let me know if you have questions.
Huguette View Drop Down
Private Basic
Private Basic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 8:06pm
I had to use Atlantis at work, which only had Macs, and I agree - it's awesome.
gnome power View Drop Down
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 5:41pm
I'll give it a shot, as Rapscal does have some slow-down issues... but I remember being terribly disappointed with it awhile ago.  Let's see if it's improved as you say...

Ericka, does Atlantis support decimals in its variables?

If so, then we could make a really sweet roller that could calculate your chance of getting any roll.

Edited by gnome power - 24 July 2010 at 5:43pm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 5:57pm
Okay, I've got a question right off the bat.

Is there any way to make it not clear the input field once you send a command?
Ericka View Drop Down
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 4:49pm
Go to atlantis, preferences, and uncheck "clear input on enter" 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 2:15pm
Awesome, thanks.

So.... does anyone know PERL?
Ericka View Drop Down
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 7:19pm
I can't say I do, but I screwed around with these scripts long enough to maybe help.  Also there are a couple of folks on the app's forum page that are EXTREMELY helpful (made me regret sending the creator $10 instead of the guy helping me write the scripts).

BTW, I owe someone an email that I intend on doing tonight.
Ardath View Drop Down
Corporal
Corporal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ardath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 7:21pm
nevermind..

Edited by Ardath - 30 July 2010 at 7:21pm
It is easier for people to read your logs if you would end your prompt with "%c"
Hartney View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2010 at 9:36am
Sounds like a good place to advertise for DSL.
Pipper View Drop Down
Private Basic
Private Basic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 2:35pm
Trying out Atlantis... how do you make aliases? Say... for blessing or fireproofing.

Thanks.
Ericka View Drop Down
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 2:36pm
You've prob figured it out by now, but using the gui, you can open the address book and create an alias, select "Connection: send text" and type whatever in, using control+enter to enter a multi command alias.

Then to use the alias, you type whatever you named it.  you'll have to type /<alias> unless you unselect that option in the preferences.

Edited by Ericka - 04 September 2010 at 2:36pm
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2010 at 3:45pm
I know you know this ericka, but for everyone else, the gui is slower than writing the script from scratch.
alexk View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 8:34pm
I am planning on setting this up some time this week, and will brush off my Perl skillz... its been a while, but its not that different from old school PHP... if only you could do Python :(
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 9:29pm
Please do, alexk.

Any good ideas in mind?

One thing this client is missing is a lot of the standard triggers: questing, picking up disarms, highlighting significant combat events, eating/drinking, etc.  Those are easy to hammer out in a few lines, and might be a good way for you to get back into the swing of things.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest looking at the Command.pm file.   It has some good shortcuts.
 Post Reply Post Reply