Dark and Shattered Lands (DSL) Homepage

Thorn Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the thorn aura spell effect)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

The Citadel
(Owners of this  keep receive bonus saves)
Current Owners: Bloodlust
Bloodlust
Taken From: Slayers

Misery Keep
(Owners of this keep controls the veil of misery spell)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Wargar

Current Spell Target: Knighthood

Purgatory Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the Purgatory XP Bonus)
Current Owners: New_Thalos
New_Thalos
Last Owners: Verminasia

Thursday, September 30th Friday, October 1st Friday, October 1st
defeated 3-0  defeated 3-0  defeated 3-0
Forum Home Forum Home > Mud Client Help > Mud Client Information > Mac Client Scripts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battle Condenser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gnome power View Drop Down
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle Condenser
    Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Jor'Mox Jor'Mox wrote:

So... it specifically checks to be sure it isn't "You" after it replaces "You" and "Your" with the person's name? Why? Seems excessive.

Hm, on second thought, I think you're right.
Jor'Mox View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jor'Mox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:15pm
So... it specifically checks to be sure it isn't "You" after it replaces "You" and "Your" with the person's name? Why? Seems excessive.
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:01pm
Thanks, j. I forgot that it was already there. Really, i could and should make it universal by parsing number labels in any order. That will go on the to-do list.

I think the battle condenser has a minor break if name is set to "you." It will no longer know how to identify personal actions and distinguish from others, so for instance he would lose background highlighting of personal injuries. I would suggest to him to stick it in there and just leave it off the cecho.
Jor'Mox View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jor'Mox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 10:49am
So, first, the new regex needed to capture your prompt as specified:

Pattern 0: ^[Quiet\s]*\(([\d\?]+)/(\d+)hp (\d+)/(\d+)m (\d+)/(\d+)mv\)\-([\w\-]+)\-
Pattern 1: \([\w\s\'\-]+\|(\w+)\)\([\w\s]+\)(\d+)\:(\d+)([ap]m)\>

Check the "multiline / AND Trigger" check box, and set "line delta" to 1.

And here are the new variable assignments to match your prompt for the Prompt Parsing trigger. Note that Name and both XP variables are dummy values as they are not in your prompt.
promptHours = multimatches[2][3]
promptMin = multimatches[2][4]
promptAMPM = multimatches[2][5]
promptName = "You"
promptCurrentHP = multimatches[1][2]
promptMaxHP = multimatches[1][3]
promptCurrentMP = multimatches[1][4]
promptMaxMP = multimatches[1][5]
promptCurrentMV = multimatches[1][6]
promptMaxMV = multimatches[1][7]
promptStance = multimatches[2][2]
promptDirs = multimatches[1][8]
promptCurrentXP = 0
promptTotalXP = 1

Edited by Jor'Mox - 28 March 2013 at 11:20am
No price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Jor'Mox View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jor'Mox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 10:02am
So, I get the regex bit, but I'm looking at the parse prompt trigger stuff... and I don't see why you are saying I would need to create a new variable for the directions. You seem to have one there already, is there some reason that this would need to change? (I know I need to change the assignment to match with the regex, but that is different.)
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 9:13am
Hi Jor'mox, thanks!

The regex would have to change to capture the room exits.

Also, in the Parse Prompt trigger folder it would need a new variable for directions, and the cecho would need to change to reflect it.

It's not very much actually.
Jor'Mox View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jor'Mox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 8:46am
Hey GP, think you can throw the parts you think will break here, so I don't have to dig them out? I have a feeling I'll have better luck fixing things than most people would.

Edit: And, yes, I know, I should try and smash this apart and reconstruct it in the framework I have been building, but my time isn't limitless, and I've been working on other stuff for now.

Edited by Jor'Mox - 28 March 2013 at 8:48am
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 8:27am
Unfortunately I don't have the time at this point to customize the prompt for people, I think a few things would have to change in the SmartPrompt code as well to display it properly.  You'll have to comb through it yourself or use the standard prompt until I get time (which may not be for awhile, work is hectic).
Jor'Mox View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jor'Mox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 7:41am
No. He means changing the regular expression so that it will match your prompt.

Oh, and colors don't matter. So I think I stripped color codes out properly, this is what I'm seeing for your prompt:
prompt (%h/%Hhp %m/%Mm %v/%Vmv)-%e-%c(%r|%S)(%d)%t>%c

Edited by Jor'Mox - 28 March 2013 at 7:51am
Elathan View Drop Down
Corporal
Corporal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:35pm
lol I typed reply...
Elathan View Drop Down
Corporal
Corporal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:29pm
Reply do you mean changing it from Pearl Regex to something else?
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 11:09pm
It would just require changing the regex.

Do you know how to do so?
Elathan View Drop Down
Corporal
Corporal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 10:27pm
This is my current prompt by the way:

prompt {W({x%h{W/{x%Hhp %m{W/{x%Mm %v{W/{x%Vmv{W){W-{C%e{W-{x%c{w({c%r{w|{y%S{w){R({W%d{R){c%t{W>{x%c

Elathan View Drop Down
Corporal
Corporal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 10:25pm
As far as the prompt goes. My current prompt has color in it and has which room I'm in named in the prompt. Is there a way to add that to the prompt you need for this script to work?
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Ericka Ericka wrote:

Question for gnome and others: What's the best way to configure Mudlet for multiple characters that use different trigs/alises? I'm guessing I should just make different alias/trig folders for each char and enable/disable them as needed.

That's one thing I definitely miss about Atlantis. The World:Character structure was really easy to use.

My guess is it would be pretty easy to do, just based on the fact that I already use a prompt that states the character name.

Can just make a library of names you want each trigger to function for, and have it check if the current alt is on that list at the beginning of the trigger.
Jor'Mox View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jor'Mox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:58pm
You could do that, or you could set up your triggers/aliases to check a variable that stores your character name/class and act accordingly.
Ericka View Drop Down
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 1:54pm
Question for gnome and others: What's the best way to configure Mudlet for multiple characters that use different trigs/alises? I'm guessing I should just make different alias/trig folders for each char and enable/disable them as needed.

That's one thing I definitely miss about Atlantis. The World:Character structure was really easy to use.
Aeltor OOC: 'if you werent sboosted phonivia id tear your a few new holes as a
monk'
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 9:27am
edit: Nevermind, was going to suggest another script but forgot I already included it into the current script.

Edited by gnome power - 16 November 2012 at 9:35am
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 8:46am
Awesome.  :)

I don't know about the slow-ness, it seems to work pretty well for me.  But I'm on a different OS so maybe it's not as good on Windows.
jharel View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:43pm
Too true! Downloaded a mudlet client for Win 7, a bit sluggish (or I am just not used to the format).  This is a brilliant script though, congrats.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>