Dark and Shattered Lands (DSL) Homepage

Thorn Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the thorn aura spell effect)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

The Citadel
(Owners of this  keep receive bonus saves)
Current Owners: Bloodlust
Bloodlust
Taken From: Slayers

Misery Keep
(Owners of this keep controls the veil of misery spell)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Wargar

Current Spell Target: Chaos

Purgatory Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the Purgatory XP Bonus)
Current Owners: New_Thalos
New_Thalos
Last Owners: Verminasia

Thursday, September 30th Friday, October 1st Friday, October 1st
defeated 3-0  defeated 3-0  defeated 3-0
Forum Home Forum Home > Mud Client Help > Mud Client Information > Mac Client Scripts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battle Condenser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gnome power View Drop Down
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:19pm
Convince one of the Cmud guys to write a dang Lua wrapper and it can happen.

Otherwise, just download Mudlet. It exists for most OSes.
jharel View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jharel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2012 at 1:12pm
I want this for Cmud.. :(
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 6:05pm
Okay cool.

By the way, if you get a chance, check out what the script does while you battlerage.  It's pretty neat, imo. :)
sifaka View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sifaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 5:34pm
Updating to 2.0-test4 fixed everything. Thanks!
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 4:25pm
createConsole is part of the native mudlet platform.  Do you have the most updated version of mudlet?  It should be the program called Mudlet-2.0-test4.

One thing you may need to do is change the position of the miniconsole.  I have it set for my screen, but I find that if I change my window dimensions at all it messes up my positioning.  Depending on how different your window dimensions are from mine, your miniConsole may be appearing off your monitor altogether.  The way to test what dimensions you want is to make an alias that creates a miniConsole (make sure to print some text in it or you may not see it), and then fiddle with the dimensions until you can see it appear on your screen.

For the tick timer, did you change your prompt to exactly the specified format?

And, glad you like it! :D  Welcome aboard.
sifaka View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sifaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2012 at 4:06pm
Wow, this is great! I have the hp/mana/mv bars and the main console working properly, but I don't have the mini console, or the tick timer. I'm brand new to Lua, is createConsole a user defined function? I notice onConnect calls it, but I don't see it anywhere else in the text. Any advice is much appreciated!

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 7:04pm
Yeah, that's a good point.

I'm not a very experienced programmer, so I didn't think of it earlier.  

Thanks.
Ashass View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 6:58pm
#1 thing to help make this script better (and run faster, high likelyhood) is consider which components go together, and move those off into functions. That way the entire thing doesn't need to parse, and you can more easily share parts of the code without having a giant blob.

Granted, I know you're just sharing as-is, but you'll do yourself a favor later if you ever want to modify the script by moving things out into functions.
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Hedmric Hedmric wrote:

well, i've got the battle text working, and I can see stuff.  This is pretty awesome so far!!

I'm glad you like it. :)

Are you still having any issues or is everything working fine?
RayFinkle View Drop Down
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayFinkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 9:45pm
Could you start working on a drunk to common translator?
Hedmric View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hedmric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 9:19pm
well, i've got the battle text working, and I can see stuff.  This is pretty awesome so far!!
Hedmric View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hedmric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 7:18pm
These are the errors:

[ERROR:] object:<WindowResizeEvent> function:<handleWindowResizeEvent>
         <attempt to call a nil value>
[ERROR:] object:<> function:<onConnect>
         <[string "function onConnect()..."]:9: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 
'global_chatWidth' (a nil value)>
[ERROR:] object:<Battle Damage Analyzer> function:<Trigger8>
         <[string "function Trigger8()..."]:25: bad argument #1 to 'match' (string expected, got 
nil)>
Hedmric View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hedmric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2012 at 7:05pm
I've copy and pasted everything you had here as per the instructions, but i'm not seeing any text.  My gauges are up, showing all my info and the tick timer is working...I just can't see anything..

What am I doing wrong?  Is there something else I have to do to get my windows sized correctly?
Jeckyl View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeckyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 1:07pm
Sure, if that's where you want to put it. I have my own hosting account, and wouldn't mind hosting it there...I've been thinking about setting up a subdomain and site for dsl related stuffs. Either way works for me. I'll reset my mudlet stuff this weekend, and try to import it if you can export it.
<-- This is what happens when you try to pk with the Illuminati.

--

If we changed everything that everyone whined about, DSL would be a kitten paradise and there would be minutely copyovers. -Bioteq
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 12:04pm
Yeah, that's doable. Github?
Jeckyl View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeckyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 11:56am
Try doing an export, and host the resulting file somewhere, and provide a link to the file(s) for download. Might be easier? If you need a place to host, I can take care of that. At the very least, we can figure out how it works, and if its feasible.
<-- This is what happens when you try to pk with the Illuminati.

--

If we changed everything that everyone whined about, DSL would be a kitten paradise and there would be minutely copyovers. -Bioteq
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 11:15am
I've got some ideas for the tabs down the line.  Might want to put a character sheet in one, a control panel for my scripts (when they get more complicated and need on/off toggles) in another, etc.  The combat spam was actually a requested feature because people were saying they needed to see the flow of spam to get a sense of if they just got ambushed or something.  I like it there, personally, but to each his own.  I can make it togglable if there's interest in that.

There's  an xml exporter but when I tried using others posted here, they didn't work, so that's why I did it this way. If someone knows the secret to getting xml files off these forums to work, that would be great.
Ardath View Drop Down
Corporal
Corporal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ardath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:42am
I'm not about to put my battles off to the side like that, and I made a similar health thing that is smaller...  there must be a better way to send this to someone than posting 7 pages of Lua?  My capture windows aren't tabbed - theres just 1 for channels, 1 for tell/gtells below it.  No need to ever fiddle with it ever again unless you want to scroll up or resize the windows - those tabs got in the way when I used that script.  Good luck using Mudlet, the input bar is not as usable for some features as the CMud one.

Edited by Ardath - 16 March 2012 at 10:45am
It is easier for people to read your logs if you would end your prompt with "%c"
Hedmric View Drop Down
Private
Private

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hedmric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 10:20am
I have the ubuntu/linux version of mudlet.  It should work the same eh?

Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2012 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Drax Drax wrote:

That's seriously nifty, GP. Innovative and very nicely put together, by the looks of it. Clap

I'm assuming the hp, mana and xp bars update with each new prompt. How often does the bar for the tick timer update?

Thanks, Drax. :)

The tick-timer counts down automatically in increments of 0.1 seconds.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>