Dark and Shattered Lands (DSL) Homepage

Thorn Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the thorn aura spell effect)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

The Citadel
(Owners of this  keep receive bonus saves)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

Misery Keep
(Owners of this keep controls the veil of misery spell)
Current Owners: Shalonesti
Shalonesti
Taken From: Wargar

Current Spell Target: Wargar

Purgatory Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the Purgatory XP Bonus)
Current Owners: New_Thalos
New_Thalos
Last Owners: Arkane

Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 - SEMI-FINAL Monday, 16 Nov 2020 - SEMI-FINAL   Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 - FINAL
(17-4) defeated (12-9)  2-1 (13-8) defeated (14-4) 2-1   (17-4) defeated (13-8)  2-0
Forum Home Forum Home > The Forum Rules > The Rules
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPKP Seasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Keanu Heretic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unbearded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2020 at 5:40pm
Sounds to me like it is dependent on active players, Gnome. Not everyone can be online 20 hours a day, seven days a week like some do. Given the "flavor of the month" field pk landscape, I don't think a system that rewards bandwagoning anymore than it already does should be implemented. Also, I can't imagine that everyone has the goal of tearing everything up to remake the game in their own image, and the new system you propose takes a dump on years of work that would be wiped out on a whim. No thanks.

And yeah, knighthood and shadow might be on the chopping block at the moment, but Chaos would've been gone a week after Brivenz got permakilled in AGL going by this zany method. Justice would die a week after Cwars ended. Lol.

Can't help but think this would lead to 1 mega clan called the Gray Clan, and two slightly smaller ones: the Good Clan and the other Evil. We'd still be in the same situation, but I would have to listen to three times the babble on oclan.

Imaginative idea, but too chaotic to navigate.
Friends don't dispel friends!
(An Imm) OOC Clan: 'so ya.. sorry.. brollo is my favorite.. he plays with my cookies and writes storynotes about it'
(An Imm) OOC Clan: 'brollo is my favorite dwarf '
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2020 at 5:51pm
Yea I don't think I've seen Chaos so well represented....and by monsters nonetheless.
Sfkn2 View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sfkn2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 2:48pm
The way the PKP system works is to reward the good PKers because the top 1% will always be the 1%.  The only people it'll punish are the casual players, or people who have been slowly working on their clanner alts.  Characters like Pomacanthus, Symiad, Thasgerd as an example, will almost be irrelevant during PK seasons due to their inactivity - and let me be clear on this, I don't mean that they suck, but that they aren't PKing as much.  By the time they get anywhere with their main clanner, the season would have already reset - even if the stats are re-spec'ed.

Edit: As the player behind the character with the most PKP in game, I've enjoyed PKPs a lot - it allowed me to "compete" with concarded characters on the field.  At the same time, it also made me feel less competitive in the arena because I haven't invested money into this character - which really made me not want to do ACFL/AGL anymore.  I do feel like there are a few problems with competition in DSL in general, and PKP is one of them.  I do wish that PKP was completely removed, and that concards are kept in check (probably unlikely, since that directly funds the game and that no one would actually donate if it didn't give them a benefit to the game), and that Conclave spell dam is looked at.

Edited by Sfkn2 - 24 October 2020 at 2:53pm
Vandavar tells the group 'i can never find the hole'

Malikk tells the group 'jobs are overrated when you're the number 1 pker on dsl'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910