Dark and Shattered Lands (DSL) Homepage

Thorn Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the thorn aura spell effect)
Current Owners: Knighthood
Knighthood
Taken From: Bloodlust

The Citadel
(Owners of this  keep receive bonus saves)
Current Owners: Bloodlust
Bloodlust
Taken From: Shalonesti

Misery Keep
(Owners of this keep controls the veil of misery spell)
Current Owners: Bloodlust
Bloodlust
Taken From: Shalonesti

Current Spell Target: Justice

Purgatory Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the Purgatory XP Bonus)
Current Owners: New_Thalos
New_Thalos
Last Owners: Arkane

Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 - SEMI-FINAL Monday, 16 Nov 2020 - SEMI-FINAL   Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 - FINAL
(17-4) defeated (12-9)  2-1 (13-8) defeated (14-4) 2-1   (17-4) defeated (13-8)  2-0
Forum Home Forum Home > The Forum Rules > The Rules
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPKP Seasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Malachi Malachi wrote:

Rumor is the code is written it's just a matter how to implement. My guess is when there is a lull in major events so the collective focus of the game can be on it.
if that's the case, I'd like to know what form it's going to take, that'd heavily influence my race and class selection :(
A faithful squire runs in behind Mercerion clacking coconut halves.
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 10:56am
Given what the boss has said on the first page:

"PKP seasons will be periodical RESET OF PKP’s and PK stats. We are considering doing this every 3-6 months.

With that, PK trains will become easier to obtain."

Trains easier to get. But will be reset.

So beyond that who knows. Lots of good ideas here.

I'm a fan of a 10 train per stat cap.
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:24am
Just follow the current bandwagon and make a clave CSR.

My guess is anything with a high STR/DEX combo (over 130, Muls no vuln, yinn/wemic with vuln, plus the p2w races) or anything that can get to 92 STR quickly (Hog Skald?).

Im actually hoping more Gog Barbs get active. The boost and natural strength is beyond stupid. If the trains are easy to get and reset it may be interesting to see what pumping WIS does for saves.
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:27pm
I hope any pkp season changes brings a bit of a 'reeling in' on the Conclave
prestige bonus.. and to not have it impact in arena like pkp does.
ZzZz View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ghost Snake!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ZzZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:28pm
All you people annoyed at CSR bonus.

You realize that Mages need something right? Otherwise, it just goes back to hitters spamming stun and mages not being able to do anything, and getting walked all over.
[BROADCAST from Dekaios] Reminders: casting unwanted spells on another or attacking another in the AGL stands is punishable by a dork. Remember that, Tyrinx and Karkillian
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:34pm
I'm annoyed it influences arena events, more than anything. Conclave CSRs are
way too good out of the box. That isn't opinion. That is fact. And if pkp seasons
are a thing, the argument that hitters pwn people because of their stats becomes
way less of an issue.

Edited by Tongpu - 06 May 2020 at 12:37pm
ZzZz View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ghost Snake!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZzZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:38pm
That doesn't negate the argument that Conclave needs something if you're taking away 2.55.  It already got nerfed from 3x.  Personally, I think it should be taken away from wands, and can only work on single target, and not like chain.
[BROADCAST from Dekaios] Reminders: casting unwanted spells on another or attacking another in the AGL stands is punishable by a dork. Remember that, Tyrinx and Karkillian
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by ZzZz ZzZz wrote:

That doesn't negate the argument that Conclave needs something if you're taking away 2.55.  It already got nerfed from 3x.  Personally, I think it should be taken away from wands, and can only work on single target, and not like chain.

Conclave gets +1 casting, +5% mana, +5% mana regen, enhanced mana gains, a
saves boost, and Conclave CSR damage bonus. I think Conclave gets plenty of att-
ention. Taking into account pkpstats will experience a severe change that will influ-
ence a hitter's ability to bypass defenses, stun, and hit, it isn't unreasonable.

I think I've laid out a reasonable argument to look at it in light of pkp seasons com-
ing soon-ish.

Edited by Tongpu - 06 May 2020 at 12:43pm
ZzZz View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ghost Snake!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZzZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:43pm
Clearly, you didnt play, when hitters stomped mages like 1v4...
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:43pm
I think I've been on both sides of that scenario, yo.
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 12:58pm
I think some testing would be in order then. Take away the prestige bonus and you still have the CSR bonus, which is already very nice. Unless I'm mistaken wasn't the prestige bonus put in AFTER PKP in a response to it?

How about a reset of the prestige bonus similar to the reseting of PKP?
Ellery View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:12pm
I don't think Clave needs the prestige proc if PKP is toned/limited.  The damage is already very high.
Savenath nods his large head towards Akrie.

You say (to Savenath) 'Et's a good thing yer no' nodding yer small 'ead at 'er, because tha'd beh obscene'

HOLY macaroni! Clown attack!
Rongar View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rongar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:31pm
Trade off. If you lower Clave's spell damage then lower saves across the board.
Ellery View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ellery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:33pm
I definitely agree that saves are too good.  You'll find that most of the races that get the shaft stat wise are those that are heavily invested in wis.  The reason they get the shaft is because all the races that should be easier to cast on, by virtue of low/bad wis, still manage to save well.  This results in races like hdwf/mdwf/dgnome wasting 30-40 stat points in wis that could've been more useful elsewhere.

Make wis more important for saves and it'd do a lot to address a lot of inequities in the mechanics.
Savenath nods his large head towards Akrie.

You say (to Savenath) 'Et's a good thing yer no' nodding yer small 'ead at 'er, because tha'd beh obscene'

HOLY macaroni! Clown attack!
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Ellery Ellery wrote:

I definitely agree that saves are too good.  You'll find that most of the races that get the shaft stat wise are those that are heavily invested in wis.  The reason they get the shaft is because all the races that should be easier to cast on, by virtue of low/bad wis, still manage to save well.  This results in races like hdwf/mdwf/dgnome wasting 30-40 stat points in wis that could've been more useful elsewhere.

Make wis more important for saves and it'd do a lot to address a lot of inequities in the mechanics.

Make races with <300 stat lines all 300. Gogre could use 14 more WIS. Kender could use help

That being said I think a Gogre Barb saves OK if built right and prepped and w/mre, but i'm also just echoing something Waaagh told me.

So going back to the prestige bonus, when was it implemented? After PKP? did Clave CSR always have a damage boost? When was that implemented?

Edited by Malachi - 06 May 2020 at 1:54pm
Rongar View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rongar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 1:58pm
Around the same time crafted armor came in.
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:02pm
Not quite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ 25] Curumo: Crafting has arrived
Mon Jan 10 10:59:53 2005
To: all
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have been waiting a long time.  Well here it is.  The new crafting
system is in.  It is not as realistic as I would like it to be but I
tried to make it as real as I could.  Some of the research I did had to
be left out but you dont care about all that.  Lets get to it.
Crafting
The crafting system is for level 51 characters only.  We have
replaced all of the old city registers with master crafters.  You can
begin a craft by going to them and typing apprentice.  You can only
study one craft.  You can change crafts if you wish but you will lose
all of your progress and have to start over if you do.  You should be
able to learn everything else you need to know by reading help
crafting.  There are master crafters, crafting tables (2nd tier), and
crafting tool merchants (1st tier), in each of the kingdoms.
Vaults
There is also a new vault system being implemented to support the
crafting system.  Read help vault for all the details.  You will find a
vault attached to the bank in each kingdom.

My thanks to Flike, Argam, Drekhan, Rathgakk, Dothan, Shiro, Tuan,
Marsella, Eldyn, Cantilena, Jhiain, Slanx, Azrael, Trujar, Lerost,
Dar'kath, Murjon, Awrin, Lanno, Topper, Itamar, and  Nilith for
designing the very cool weapon shops.

Also thanks to Ashandar, Urato, Urobus, Kubilak, Zandileen, Maudibb,
Skolla, Sylvanor, Hsiu, Tabyx, and all the imms that helped us test
this system.  Scorn and I really appreciate it.

Curumo

[774] Scorn: Conclave Damage
Wed Dec 21 23:24:11 2011
To: all
Conclave mages, reclasses and csr's will have a 1% chance of landing
triple damage spells per every 100 prestige hours they have.  (Up to 10%)

You may direct your complaints to the following location:
(_|_) - That's a butt.

Thanks to Bioteq for the change and to Tim Tebow for keeping it real.

-Scorn

[802] Bioteq: Conclave damage bonus
Tue Feb  5 23:19:11 2013
To: All Imm Conclave everyone_who_hates_conclave
After a very thorough review of balance regarding conclave's 3x damage
boost, it has been determined that the possibility of a constant 3x might
have been a little too much. 
While conclave is NOT losing their bonus, it has changed a bit. 
1) There is still a prestige check.  For every 100 prestige hours, you get a
1% chance of gaining this bonus, max of 10% (1000 hours). 
2) You can still gain 3x damage if you pass this percentage roll. 
3) This 3x is now different.  Instead of a constant 3x damage, each roll
will have an additional roll, based on the 'would be given' damage of the
3x.  Essentially, a 1-100 percent roll is done and whatever number is given,
that is the percentage of the 3x damage you are given as a bonus. 

As an example, here is some math to show how it works:
dam = 100, 3x = 300. Random roll = 56
We'll be adding 56% of 3x to dam, which looks like this
dam = 100 + ((300 * 56) / 100) = 268 total damage instead of 400.

It is still technically possible to proc a 100% 3x roll!, just a 1 in 100 chance to do so.

Conclave will still be getting extra damage.

Please let us know of any issues.

-The balance team

Edited by Tongpu - 06 May 2020 at 2:04pm
Minovoker View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minovoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:22pm
From my experience with 2 Clave CSR alts over 1k and one with over 2k of prestige hours the 2.55 proc's are more common when the target is low on life.

Just a general observation, but it would definitely hurt Clave to lose that finishing ability.

Unless you like relying on beguiling someone without stoners and/or combat spellgroup and/or attack spell group....or someone sticking around to get edrained 20 times then you may as well play a hitter with stun to finish off kills.
gnome power View Drop Down
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Fear my graphs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:23pm
Huh, I didn't realize that later change happened.

So.. if my math is right, people are complaining about an average 15% damage boost from (a) being in the clave (b) with 1000 prestige hours?
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by gnome power gnome power wrote:

Huh, I didn't realize that later change happened.

So.. if my math is right, people are complaining about an average 15% damage boost from (a) being in the clave (b) with 1000 prestige hours?

I'm openly wondering if it's worth defending 2.55x's place in the game if the reason
for it to exist (offsetting and competing against the obscene melee damage output/
stun/defenses) is addressed and curbed. A lot of defending statements have to do
with the Conclave needing the damage to compete, but the point largely unaddress-
ed by that group is that Conclave CSRs are extremely powerful out of the gate and
without prestige benefits. My biggest criticism of 2.55x is that you get tangible and
powerful benefits that effect PVP by removing yourself from PVP (idling).

That and 2.55x works in the arena, which does feel right to me from a design per-
spective.

Edited by Tongpu - 06 May 2020 at 2:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>