Dark and Shattered Lands (DSL) Homepage

Thorn Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the thorn aura spell effect)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

The Citadel
(Owners of this  keep receive bonus saves)
Current Owners: Conclave
Conclave
Taken From: Shalonesti

Misery Keep
(Owners of this keep controls the veil of misery spell)
Current Owners: Shalonesti
Shalonesti
Taken From: Wargar

Current Spell Target: Wargar

Purgatory Keep
(Owners of this keep receive the Purgatory XP Bonus)
Current Owners: New_Thalos
New_Thalos
Last Owners: Arkane

Sunday, 15 Nov 2020 - SEMI-FINAL Monday, 16 Nov 2020 - SEMI-FINAL   Sunday, 22 Nov 2020 - FINAL
(17-4) defeated (12-9)  2-1 (13-8) defeated (14-4) 2-1   (17-4) defeated (13-8)  2-0
Forum Home Forum Home > The Forum Rules > The Rules
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPKP Seasons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Taco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pixieboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 9:21am
I think a lot of the pkp problems (other than str being king) is that you're stacking 100 str on a super boosted hitter with stuns.

How about we get rid of the boost/gimp system and let stats speak for themselves (even toning down str stat for the number of skill checks)

And then implementing something akin to my pkp system that I thought up. :D
Ye look directly at Shinryu, howl and try to intimidate him!
Shinryu steps back in fear!
Ravol tells you 'ahahaha. Did you really alt-hop to try to take back the keep? That's funnyl
Longstrider View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Longstrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Fynix Fynix wrote:

AH!  I have a suitable comparison!  It's like levelling up to 51 then having to start over at 25 every few months!  If that's the case, who would bother?!

What psycho would do that!? <3

Iler'yx has unlocked the Underworld Keeps!
Dezmond View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dezmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 10:32am
Some dude named Iler'yx probably
18 : Maccus (952 kills) [ Eclipse ] Human, Skald

(Imm) Xenophon OOC: 'you're a grown ass salt shaker, you cant use your age as an excuse!'
Juelian View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Juelian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Symiad Symiad wrote:

Let me also point out that I was able to test the difference in damage output of 51vs83 str (32 pkp trains) against 68vs100 int (32 pkp trains) with pkp stats.

One key point/observation. Raw damage per hit might not be crazy different, but you actually hit more in practice (a lot more) and you can weapon stun at that point therefore your total output damage is way higher in PvP (and in PvE also).

Edited by Juelian - 09 February 2020 at 10:50am
Deathscythe View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deathscythe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 10:52am
PKP could perhaps use some tweaking to better balance and reflect the player base.

PKP seasons does not seem to be the way to do it.
'I believe Zola always has one foot in the grave' - Chiatzu
https://sites.google.com/site/bloodlandsofabaddon/
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 10:56am
So I think it's a damned if ya do damned if ya don't.

Who would stop playing because of a PKP reset?

VS

Who would come back because of a PKP reset?

Then what about Clave damage?

I think a PKP reset w/o addressing the Clave CSR Damage will drive people away.

So what's the net affect on the pbase? Are there dozens of folks waiting in line for PKP to be reset before they jump back in the game?

Then once implemented what happens to PK? Why accumulate PKP at all if it's just going to be wiped? As mentioned previously because of the power of STR I believe it's going to narrow the race/class combos you see on the field.

#MakeGogBarbGreatAgain!
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 10:57am
I think the 8-10 or whatever hard cap that seemingly everyone has been calling for is the way to go.
Slann View Drop Down
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Slann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by ZzZz ZzZz wrote:

The whole point of the seasons system is so its something fresh you do every couple months, and because you aren't trying to infinitely earn pk points, the limit of how much you lose is mitigated per season.

This guy is spot on. Apparently he sometimes does know what he's talking about.

There's a lot of focus on losing the "permanent" benefit of pkp with a season-based reset being bad for the health of PK in this thread. 

I would argue that is a good thing because:

- Reduced time investment for casual players to be modestly competitive
- 6 month resets encourage churning of the Clan population
- an even playing field every 6 months encourages swapping alts
- band wagons still happen, but without full pkp monsters they're less of an issue
- Keeps will be more difficult to solo
- UW resets by super chars will be more difficult
- long term, main characters still benefit from all the other power-gain systems (UW gear, BP, dskins, etc)
- group compositions will matter more without being able to lean on 100pkp hitters

What I would love to see:

At the end of the 6-month Season, all pkp is added up by clan and the winning clan gets to choose something like 1 of 3 buffs (new, PKP season only benefits similar in scale to Keep effects) to last until the end of the next season. 

Track this stat in Cinfo like War Statistics - OR for an easy solution, reset War Statistics to be the actual tracking mechanism so it tracks kills rather than just PKP gained and the winner is based on the aggregate War Statistics score.

Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 12:43pm
I think the last thing we need is to make it another competition for Bloodlust/Justice
to win.
dsl_addicts View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsl_addicts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 1:10pm
I would like to see a PKP wipe, just because its A lot more stable of a system right now, with last kill, and I feel like its pretty solid.

When pkp first  came in, for the first 6 months, you got points for every kill regarless or last 10, and than when it got introduced than you couldn't get pkp in your last 10 kills, it was still happening  for months.

So my suggestion would be to start with a clean slate,  everyone.  and than  limit the pkp stats of +10 for each base stat.
When in darkness, Look to the light
Slann View Drop Down
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Tongpu Tongpu wrote:

I think the last thing we need is to make it another competition for Bloodlust/Justice
to win.

A) That's a fine opinion, but if we approach every facet of the game with that kind of attitude then there's no point in having anything to compete over. But hay, thanks for the constructive comment :)

B) Relatively small "Keep scale" effects aren't unbalancing. It could even be + xp, + regen, all sorts of things that are a bonus for participating and don't overturn the apple cart.
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 1:42pm
I don't see you refuting my point. You can call me a negative Nancy all you want,
but there isn't any point in denying what I said isn't true! It would just be one more
thing Wargar, Shalonesti, Slayers, and Chaos wouldn't be able to benefit from. Pkp
is about individual, personal progress. Not something the most active clans can get
more entitlements from.

Thumbs Down

Edited by Tongpu - 09 February 2020 at 1:45pm
Terces View Drop Down
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 2:20pm
It was brought up to me so I figured I would share someone else idea.  Allow after seasons to have pkp turned in for permanent rewards.  5 trains, eggs, 100bp, dragonskin, ect.  Different amounts of pkp could buy different things.  This would encourage people to continue grinding out pkp on a character and get a slight reward to be added.
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 2:25pm
Proooobably nothing like a dragonskin or other things that throw the game off.. if 
it came to that. A dragonskin and permanent +hp/+mana aren't small rewards. They
are things that are essentially agreed upon to be bad for the game.

Cosmetic rewards instead.

Edited by Tongpu - 09 February 2020 at 2:26pm
ZzZz View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Ghost Snake!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ZzZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Terces Terces wrote:

It was brought up to me so I figured I would share someone else idea.  Allow after seasons to have pkp turned in for permanent rewards.  5 trains, eggs, 100bp, dragonskin, ect.  Different amounts of pkp could buy different things.  This would encourage people to continue grinding out pkp on a character and get a slight reward to be added.

That defeats the whole point of curving back pkpts and monsters to begin with.  If you want to suggest a change, it needs to be something minor, like a 2nd merit, or cosmetic rewards.
[BROADCAST from Dekaios] Reminders: casting unwanted spells on another or attacking another in the AGL stands is punishable by a dork. Remember that, Tyrinx and Karkillian
Slann View Drop Down
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 3:56pm

I don't see you refuting my point. You can call me a negative Nancy all you want,
but there isn't any point in denying what I said isn't true! It would just be one more
thing Wargar, Shalonesti, Slayers, and Chaos wouldn't be able to benefit from. Pkp
is about individual, personal progress. Not something the most active clans can get
more entitlements from.

Thumbs Down

Because this is a thread about feedback for Scorn on a proposed change, not a debate with you. Also because Justice hasn't been relevant in years.
Dezmond View Drop Down
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dezmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Slann Slann wrote:

more entitlements from.

Thumbs Down

Because this is a thread about feedback for Scorn on a proposed change, not a debate with you. Also because Justice hasn't been relevant in years.

"Relevant". Yet I'm sure a lot of older players remember what it was like to have both Justice and Lust be the two clans of focus. I don't think many people wanna go back to those days.
18 : Maccus (952 kills) [ Eclipse ] Human, Skald

(Imm) Xenophon OOC: 'you're a grown ass salt shaker, you cant use your age as an excuse!'
tjthewho View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjthewho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Terces Terces wrote:

Maybe something that can give master account rewards besides idling.

1st. 10 MR Points
2nd.  9 MR Points
3rd.   8 MR Points
Then do like the next 20% get 5 points
The next 20% get 4 points
Next 20% get 3 points
Next 20% get 2 points
Bottom 20% get 1 point for participating

You give a pair of fuzzy dice in Karecus Card Sharks colors to Corson.
Tongpu View Drop Down
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tongpu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Slann Slann wrote:

more entitlements from.

Thumbs Down

It is worth scrutinizing a suggestion that YOU pitch that YOU intend on benefitting 
from. That's called a conflict of interest, right? If you want to make this an argue-
ment we can have one over PMs, but there isn't one to be had.

By the way, begging for more dragonskins, hp/mana cards, and clan-wide bonuses
for the most active organizations in the game when there is a movement to get rid 
of that stuff's hold on the game is not feedback. 

Edited by Tongpu - 09 February 2020 at 5:00pm
Malachi View Drop Down
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2020 at 5:03pm
I say make it 10-20 pnp per train max. No more than 10 trains in a stat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>